HDD / Utility Boring Driller
The Horizontal Directional Driller / Locator is responsible for installing underground conduit, gas / oil pipe and dry utilities.
The HDD Driller / Locator may act as the crew leader for the shift / job and works to support the Kinetic underground HDD
Division Superintendent, as they both work to support the entire division. Both will ensure that the job is performed safely
and efficiently. This person will follow the core values of Kinetic Energy Services DBA Kinetic Underground / HDD as a
High Moral and Ethical Standards
- We act in an honest and professional manner
- We respect our commitments to work, family, spirituality and community.
- We operate at a high regard for safety and the environment.
Do What Is Right for the Customer
- Focus on the customers safety, success and profitability.
Find the Best Employees and Invest in Making Them Better
- We train for retention and are committed to assisting our employees to become better every day.
Come join an exciting team with new equipment and endless work.
||Directional Drilling / Locating: 2-5 years (Required)
||High school or equivalent (Required)
||United States (Required)
- May drive equipment to job site. CDL Class A is required.
- Understand the logic of bore logging and plan and profile documentation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional manner.
- Confirms with Superintendent and / or Driller / Locator the bore path set to drill.
- Set up and calibrate equipment including the drill, locator (Falcon 5) ground equipment, gas monitors - alarms when needed, water tanks, set up reclaimer and mix mud.
- Locate or drill and or set up the pre-determined bore path from entry to exit.
- Communicate with the Driller / Locator / Lead via radio to confirm location of drill head.
- Assist with the install of pulling gear and hook up product.
- Reverse process to install product.
- Oversee laborers and crew (If designated by Superintendent, do daily JSA, Daily progress report and next day look ahead. Monitor daily and project time.
- Conducts a pre-job walk with superintendent, camera pre and post sewers and video pre and post drill path.
- DVIR daily if driving equipment, daily pre and post checks, vehicle and equipment checklist, notify maintenance
immediately if equipment has an issue to ensure optimum safety and proper vehicle / equipment operation.
- Winterize equipment as needed.
- Follows the specific plan in place by Project Manager / Superintendent. Notify superintendent prior to making any
- Return all equipment daily to shop unless otherwise agreed to by Superintendent.
|2-5 years Driller / Locator demonstrated HDD experience required
- Strong knowledge of underground utilities.
- 2-5 years demonstrated experience in wet / dry utilities preferred.
- Knowledge of underground potholing and line verification is a must.
- Ability to call in 811 locates.
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations. (Vehicle and Operator qualifications)
- Understanding of client and company work specifications and drawings.
- Ability to comply with operator manual for the specific equipment your using.
- Self-motivated, Safety first mentality while being quality and production minded.
- Ability to read and understand all company quality and safety policies and procedures.
- Top pay for experience and verified years of previous employment.
- 1-week paid vacation after first complete year.
|Required License or Certification
- Class A CDL / Tanker Endorsement
- Up-to-date Medical Card
- Clean MVR
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Health, Dental and Vision offered after 60 days employment.
- Safety first and foremost. Professional, dependable, flexible and DOT compliant.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug/alcohol test.